Lawyering To Add Value
For entrepreneurs and business owners, obtaining legal counsel may seem like just a cost of doing business; something unavoidable, but still a distraction from the work that needs to be done and the business they are looking to build. Worse, it may raise fears of burdensome costs or unnecessary complications.
Moya Law doesn’t see it that way.
As business and technology lawyers, our goal is to facilitate and advance your goals, add value at every level, and help lay a foundation upon which your business can grow and thrive.
Through sound counsel, forward-thinking plans, and an entrepreneur’s understanding of what growing businesses need, we help our clients:
• Transform an idea into a prototype, then into a product
• Establish the best legal and financial foundation and structures that best suit business goals
• Build and nurture relationships and collaborations that facilitate the launch and growth of our clients' enterprises
• Harness changes in technology and the law to advance our clients’ goals and put them at the forefront of the next wave of innovation, and
• Avoid the missteps that can put all of this at risk and seize the opportunities presented by finance, business, and the law.
Legal Experience + Entrepreneurship + Engineering = One Unique Law Firm
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Business and other civil disputes are sometimes unavoidable, but the manner in which they are resolved is not. Moya Law helps our clients maximize their case outcomes while minimizing the chance of distracting and costly litigation through careful planning, thorough documentation and zealous advocacy. When disputes arise, we formulate solutions that achieve positive outcomes and vindicate important legal rights.
Whether in the courtroom or at the negotiating table, we balance aggressive advocacy with pragmatism, legal acumen and sound business sense. Moya Law provides experienced representation for:
• Business, commercial and contract litigation
• Employment litigation
• Torts and injury litigation
• Internal investigations
• Administrative proceedings and regulatory investigations
• Trademark, trade secret, and copyright disputes
• Civil appeals and writs
• Mediation, arbitration, and other forms of alternative dispute resolution
We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts nationwide.
Privacy, Data Security, and Information Law
Every business is faced with risks, obligations and liabilities arising out of the collection, use and storage of sensitive consumer, financial and employee information. Constantly evolving technology that can facilitate or thwart data breaches and complex and overlapping regularity regimes makes security and compliance challenging in equal measure.
With background and education in computer science, as well as extensive experience in this ever-changing legal niche, we provide guidance and actionable advice on a range of issues, including:
• Data security
• Data breach response and notification
• Identity theft risk detection and mitigation
• Online advertising and marketing
• Data retention policies
Outside General Counsel
You may have neither the budget nor the office space for an in-house attorney, but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t have an experienced lawyer who knows you and your business, and who you can count on to guide you through the challenges and questions every business faces.
As your outside general counsel, we can assist you with every aspect of your business that intersects with the law, including:
• Entity selection and formation
• Angel investor and VC financing negotiations and transactions
• Corporate ownership, governance and compliance
• IP registration, protection, and transactions
• Mergers, sales and acquisitions
• Vendor, supplier and customer contracts
• Employment issues